For my birthday, my dad gave me the Photoshop CS5 upgrade that I had been wanting. But because I have a hand-me-down Photoshop suite from my brother, the upgrade that my dad bought for me wasn’t going to work. No way, no how.
Thus began The Journey of Five Customer Service Reps.
Unlike my Verizon Shenanigans post, I won’t tell you word-for-word what happened, but instead I’ll give you the Cliff Notes version.
CS Rep #1 laughed in my face and told me that the upgrade that was purchased for me was not going to work.
CS Rep #2 told me that I was basically sh*t out of luck and that I’d either have to spend an additional $600 or an additional $700 if I wanted it to work.
CS Rep #3 told me that I could purchase a $200 student edition and then upgrade to the version that had been purchased for me.
CS Rep #4 told me that I could purchase the student edition, but it would not work with my upgrade. I could purchase the $100 Elements 8 and then use my upgrade. I repeated back to him exactly what he told me so I could confirm that I wasn’t misunderstanding. I purchased and downloaded the program. The upgrade didn’t work.
CS Rep #5 told me that my specific upgrade wouldn’t work, but that there may be something that she could do about it. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and when she came back, she had the solution.
I now have a working version of Photoshop CS5 on my computer, and it only took 2 months, 5 CS reps, $100 software purchase and 10 minutes of troubleshooting to get it done. How simple!
Advice to Adobe: WORK ON ALL OF THIS. MAKE IT BETTER.
This leads me to the things that made me happiest this week:
- CS Rep #5 for making things happen as painlessly as possible.
- Hand-me-down Photoshop versions to hold me over in the meantime
- WEEZER concerts!
- Sushi to go
- BATCH PROCESSING! *choir of angels singing*
- Much needed girl time
- Summer finally arriving in San Diego (and the AC to go along with those hot days)
- Birthday dinners at new and interesting restaurants
- http://www.katiemauerphotography.com (there’s nothing up yet, but hopefully there will be soon!)
- My first set of photos that someone paid me to shoot! Groupe Car Club.
- Danny likes vampires.